">

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Shooing Out 2017!!! Post # 71





 GOODBYE 2017!!! Adios! Au Revoir! Auf Wiedersehen! Adjo! Addio! You get the point! I'm just hoping if it is said in enough languages, then 2017 will pack it up and keep on bookin! When the door of this year slams shut in 4 hours and 35 minutes, I want to make sure it doesn't creep back open!

It hasn't been a bad year per say, at least not for me. 2004 was my year from hell with the
brain injury of my mom, separating after a twenty year marriage, and losing my step mother to a 12 week battle with cancer, all within a 6 month period!   But 2017 has been a hard year! A year of lessons. It was that kind of year that is just plain tough but often sets the tone for peace, harmony, and prosperity for the following years, all because of the new tools added to my tool-belt in a learning year. As a matter of fact, it well may be the year that has laid a very strong foundation for me in many areas. But it was tough and I am tired!

If I was to sum it up by the lessons, it would be this:
  • You can't put an oxygen mask on anyone else if you, yourself, are out of oxygen.
  • Either manage a project or work in it, but you can't be or do both.
Work hard, but not so hard that your not able enjoy the ride along the way.

Take time to dream!!!  Without dreams, there are no visions.  Without vision, there is no future!  

Never hire people based on their financial needs or convenience, rather only for the needs of the said project/job.

It is not my responsibility to support other people's families.

Sometimes it's okay to micro-manage – even if your not a micro-manager.

Take time for yourself – even when it doesn't seem practical.
  • Be careful who you send away. They may go.
  • Be careful who you invite in to your life. They may come.
  • Be careful what you wish for! You may get it.
  • Don't 'over-worry'  that you may get what you wish for. If you are uncertain and it's not immoral, unethical, or illegal, then wish for it!   It may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you.                                                                                                          
  • Just toss it out the back, Jack!
    But if it's not, be prepared to treat it like a rat and pick it up by the tail and toss it back out the door.                                       
  • When overwhelmed with life, pull in the reigns of everything and everyone unnecessary and then choose a few of your most-loved people and passions and engage in them fully. 
  • Get rid of.
  • Simplify.
  • Heave.
  • Throw out.
  • Did I mention simplify?
  • Spend as much time in nature as possible.
  • Spend as little time on the computer as possible.
If there is not a portion of time each day when you are doing something you love, stop what your doing and start now!

We only live this life once!

Live, learn, expect to step in a few potholes along the way. But pull yourself back out of them and move on. Most of the things we sweat about, when laying on our death bed thinking about what we would have done differently, would not even be an option. Very few will say, “I wish I watched more TV!” Or, “I wished I spent more time online!” Or, “I wish I was a work-a-holic!” Or, “If only I drank more alcohol or smoked more pot!”


Most would say something like,  “Live and love to the fullest. Live and love passionately! Eat well. Live well. Get rid of all the superficial noise and invest every moment possible in the people and passions you love the most and make sure you have left nothing undone and no good words unspoken.


I am starting 2018 taking that advice; with no regrets, nor words left unsaid, and a clean 'energy field' to continue my journey forward, embracing new opportunities and awesome adventures as they present themselves along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Several people have told me they commented but they are not showing up for me to moderate. Some are coming up and some are not. Please accept my apologies if I have not acknowledged or published yours. Try again or email me at deatonm80@gmail.com and I will copy and paste your comment.