">

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Summer Solstice - 2018 Post #73

Hello once again, my sweet summer solstice
The sun rose with tropical birds singing their stories
of love loss, and found, and the circle of life in full motion

Midday storms warned of trials to come
Yet announced their triumph of battles long won
Thunder rolled in to announce it's fury
while a soft breeze blows to remind me
that all storms pass

The late afternoon sun announced it's glory
and triumph over the turbulence just hours past
And once again I know that life's darkest hour
is often just before the dawn

I wish for you, my sweet, sweet friend,
that your only battles were fought in yesterdays
and that the sun will always shine for you
even in your darkest hours

Remember, my friend,
when you find yourself pondering
if your essences of life will make a difference,
that you have touched one heart

And the memory of you, my Sweet Summer Solstice,
will always be one of honor, respect, and the sweetness
of the scent of the sweet olive trees blending with the intoxicating aroma of ginger flowers
on a soft, and may I say a little humid  night,
as I carry my Sweet Summer Solstic in the depth of my heart,
all the way into the deep deep south.



2 comments:

  1. First oof all I want too say terrific blog!

    I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you do not mind.
    I was curious to know how yoou center yourself and clear your head before writing.
    I have had a difficult time cleariung my thoughts in getting
    my thoughts out there. I do take pleasure in writing however it
    just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lpst just trying to figure out how to begin. Anyy suggestions or hints?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment! I can only write when the inspiration hits me and at that time, it feels as though it is being dictated from me over my right shoulder. Weird I know! But it has to be the right ambiance and moment. Otherwise it is forced. Just when an idea hits, or you are in a moment where you feel inspired, pull out the paper and pen and see what comes. You can always edit later but write what comes and it will edit itself. Best of luck and thank you!

      Delete

Several people have told me they commented but they are not showing up for me to moderate. Some are coming up and some are not. Please accept my apologies if I have not acknowledged or published yours. Try again or email me at deatonm80@gmail.com and I will copy and paste your comment.